WHAT IS THIS WEBSITE?
ComedyNews.Org is an evil global conglomerate hell bent upon the dissemination of comedy news, interviews, reviews and stuff.
CAN I DONATE MONEY TO HELP OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF MY COMEDY LOVING HEART?
Yes! THANK YOU. You can PayPal us a donation:
ARE YOU HIRING?
Maybe! We’re always looking for WRITERS, REPORTERS, PHOTOGRAPHERS, who want to contribute content. We occasionally need WEB DEVELOPERS and GRAPHIC ARTISTS. We also appreciate anybody who likes doing STREET TEAM type marketing. CN.O offers internships as well to students who would like to learn more about either web-nerd stuff or the world of stand-up comedy. Give us a yell if you want to help out.
HOW DO I SUBMIT STORIES?
There is a SUBMIT link in the top navigation menu. If you didn’t see that and just click on it then we probably don’t want you to submit anything.
WHAT CAN I SUBMIT?
CN.O would like to encourage you to submit relevant comedy news items and participate on the site. Here are some examples of the types of content we love to see:
– reviews of live comedy events, or newsworthy tv comedy
– non-gossip news scoops about comedians, comedy clubs, comedy shows on tv, film and online
– comedy related give-aways / contests
– interviews with comedians, and others in the industry
– opinion / essays on topics relevant to the comedy industry
WHY WAS MY SUBMISSION REJECTED?
We always appreciate and value user submissions and want to thank you for supporting ComedyNews.Org. However, your submission will not be published to our audience if it is:
– not necessarily news about the world of comedy, although the item involves humor somehow
– an overt commercial product endorsement
– garbage linkbait / has a misleading title
– “here’s a funny thing on the internet”
– television show recaps
– celebrity gossip
– event promotion (No straight show listings, but an interview with a comedian or producer about an upcoming show is acceptable. Also, a news-making event is acceptable – such as a charity fund-raiser.)
– blog entries lacking newsworthiness
– content that has already been covered in a previous submission
– spam (obviously)
CAN I SET UP MY SITE TO FEED NEWS ITEMS DIRECTLY TO CN.O WITHOUT HAVING TO SUBMIT EACH ITEM?
Absolutely. If you run a comedy website and regularly post relevant news-worthy content, we would love to aggregate your RSS feed and help bring your site new visitors from our audience. Use the CONTACT US form to send us a message and we’ll help set you up.
CAN I SUBMIT ORIGINAL STORIES / REPORTING IF IT’S NOT PUBLISHED ELSEWHERE?
CAN I SEND YOU MY COMEDY ALBUM FOR REVIEW?
ComedyNews.Org / international idiots, inc. / Chad Riden / AFCOAT
PO BOX 1432
Taos, NM 87571
WHY IS THIS WEBSITE A THING?
Comedian Chad Riden has ran a website called NashvilleStandUp.com since about 2001, publishing news about the Nashville comedy scene and the comedians who are/were associated with that scene at some point. The message board / forum there used to be alive with comics from all over talking about the business of comedy, posting links to interviews, news and other stuff.
With the rise of social media, the use of message boards started going out of vogue. At the same time, comedy related websites would come and go with varied areas of focus. Some sites, like NSUP, post about a specific region. Some sites talk about comedy movies or tv shows or standup on tv. Some focus on interviews with stand-up comedians. Some only review comedy albums and specials. Tons of general news sites cover comedy stories occasionally, too.. but there weren’t any sites that tried to aggregate all of those sources into one easy to digest feed.
We launched ComedyNews.Org in December 2008. The intent with CN.O was to create a socially-powered comedy news site. A site like a Slashdot, Reddit or Digg but JUST for comedy nerds. Comedy news, reviews, interviews and stuff but NO celebrity gossip or “here’s a funny thing on the internet.”
Thanks again for visiting ComedyNews.Org!